Friday, September 2, 2016

Charlotte Anne Pyper

On Saturday, August 27, 2016, I gave birth to our daughter, Charlotte Anne Pyper. Her arrival came very suddenly, as I had her about an hour after I got to the hospital. Getting to the hospital was an adventure of its own, involving an ambulance ride for me with my mother riding along and my husband meeting us at the hospital. (Josh and I were both out of town in different directions when I started having contractions.) It was all a little too exciting for me, but God provided in getting us to our hospital before having little Charlotte, and nothing else matters!


Charlotte had a heartbeat right up until delivery. By the time she was placed on my chest, her heart had stopped. Josh and I were both so happy to see her, and knowing ahead of time that our time with her would be short, God truly allowed us to have joy in her arrival. Saturday was such a peaceful time of enjoying Charlotte. We passed her around and everyone that saw her and held her fell in love.

She. Was. Perfect.

It's very hard for me to think about how short our time was with her, but I have peace every time I think about everything that went on that day. God worked every detail to give us so much more than we thought possible (Ephesians 3:20). He gave us a quick labor, wonderful nurses, a great doctor, supportive family who rejoiced with us in her arrival, talented photographers, faithful prayer warriors, and he has been providing for us emotionally and physically ever since.

We had a small, intimate graveside service on Tuesday with our family. I'm still amazed that we've all made it through this week, and we are able to laugh together and smile together, amidst the crying together. Charlotte was surrounded by a lifetime of love on Saturday.

By God's grace, August 27, 2016 was a good day.


4 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful tribute to not only your wonderful baby girl, Charlotte, but also to the God of peace and joy. Prayers and thank you for sharing the pictures and your story. I hope you continue to share in the months to come to let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers. She is beautiful as was our little Eden. None of us knew we would lose our granddaughter to stillbirth and we were so shocked and broken-hearted. (May 21, 2016...one day after her parents 10th wedding anniversary) We still grieve and miss her so much...praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has been working in so many lives and has been glorified in ways we don't even know because you & Josh are trusting Him and sharing your journey with others...not when everything is figured out and over, but each agonizing step of the way. I am so thankful for you and for your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you all...for peace and comfort from Jesus.
    Stephen and Laura Cooper

    ReplyDelete